Re: Compiling Debs on AMD vs. Intel and 32bit vs. 64bit

Hi,
> A machine that generates *.deb files that are only good on *that* one
> machine is useless to me.
as I said before, you can run 32bit and 64bit OSs on amd64 machines, so
you could just stay with ia32 on all machines and not worry about 64bit.
But neither that nor trying to cross-compile from 32bit to 64bit is the
way to go in my eyes. I'd just install a 32bit debian and a 64bit debian
within a kvm and use them to build the packages. I'll setup such a build
environment in April, which will work like pbuilder, but it'll be based
on kvm and build packages for ia32 and amd64, as we're starting to use
amd64 at work these days. If there're better ideas how to solve this
problem, please let me know.

Cheers,

Bernd