Re: Compiling Debs on AMD vs. Intel and 32bit vs. 64bit

On Saturday 17 March 2007 09.29:10 Peter Samuelson wrote:
> "x86=64" would have been
> amusing too.  Is it a veiled Commodore 64 reference, or is it
> quoted-printable?

Not to speak of broken mime decoders that would just display x86d.

I'd rather say it's to do something with Georg Orwell.  If 2+2=5, then we
can also have 86=64, I don't know what happens to the x, though.  Hmm.  Or
we could just call the architecture x=0.744

cheers
-- vbi
--
Wer A sagt, der muß nicht B sagen. Er kann auch erkennen, daß A
falsch war.