Re: May one use ~rc1 within versions although older lintians are complaining?

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 06:40:43AM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> If you're building packages for Debian, you should use a Debian machine, not
> an Ubuntu machine.

FWIW, you can install cross-distro chroots and use them to build
packages if you need to. Not necessarily recommended for
official-quality packages, but I have spun versions of my packages for
Ubuntu users in the past with success, using a chroot.

Debian's debootstrap package even appears to have some script files for
it (though nothing more recent than breezy). You'd have to pull down the
Ubuntu debootstrap package to extract scripts for edgy/feisty.

Hamish