Re: May one use ~rc1 within versions although older lintians are complaining?

Roman Müllenschläder dijo [Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 08:23:16PM +0100]:
> > The versions for lintian (from packages.qa.debian.org) are:
> >
> > Stable:     1.23.8
> > Testing:    1.23.28
> > Unstable:  1.23.28
> >
> > So, why are you using a version that's not the one in testing, nor the
> > one in stable?
>
> Because my laptop, where I'm building the packages on, is running Edgy ;)
>
> Maybe I should compile lintian by hand ... tried using sources from feisty but
> they need to much dependencies ...

Umh... If you are building packages for Debian, I strongly suggest you
set up a complete chroot environment (i.e. not just using pbuilder,
but having all tools such as linda/lintian you use for packaging). It
will make your life much easier, and will allow you to test your
work.

I haven't really played with cowbuilder/cowdancer, but that might also
fit your needs.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23