Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 07:27:29PM -0500, David Nusinow
wrote:
> Simply replying to a bug won't get it fixed any sooner or
> decrease the impact it has on the user. In addition, it
> distracts us from doing what is potentially far more
> productive work.

Writing a mail to a bug along the lines of "I've read the
bug, it's valid, thanks" takes seconds if anything. What
really takes the time is reading the bug, and determining if
it is valid. Until you've done that, how can you know how
important the bug is, and whether it is a lower priority
than the productive work that you think sending such a mail
would distract you from?

--
Jon Dowland