Re: On management

[Roberto C. Sanchez]
> I am not advocating having a manager without technical competency or
> the ability to understand technical issues.  Just that being a
> manager does not require being a fourth-degree blackbelt in Perl or
> having written a textbook on C++ programming.

And you think the current NM process is geared toward people who have a
fourth-degree blackbelt in Perl or have written a textbook on C++
programming?

My experience is that the expectations on new maintainers are far, far
lower.  You're supposed to know how to build packages that don't suck,
but I don't remember noticing any test of my skills as a programmer,
beyond simple shell scripting.

If an applicant knows enough about Debian's technical side of things to
be an effective manager for Debian processes, I don't see why that
person should have any more trouble with NM than programmers do.

Peter, also in NM