Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 03:20:24PM +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:

> > > And I am not the one who said that Mozilla/KDE/GNOME have enough
> > > manpower.
> >
> > Who said that?
> >
> > > Don't put words into my mouth.
> >
> > How about these words:
> >         And how do you help a maintainer that does not admit that he
> >         needs help?
> >
> > Are they yours, or not? If not, you should consider signing your emails,
> > as someone is trying to fake you on mailing lists.
>
> flaw in your logic:
>
> the quoted part does not say maintainers have enough manpower,
> it only says that they haven't expressed the need for more manpower,or at
> least not in a forum followed by the potential helper.

  No it says that they refuse to acknowledge they need help, which they
did many times. Maybe my english is flawed, but "to not admit sth"
implicates active denial in my understanding.  As a member of such
teams, and co-issuer of help requests statements on user lists
(debian-kde@) I did felt quite itched by Eduard statement.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit