Re: incorrect path to locales? (might be rc)

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:17:50AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> doh - thanks! but problem persists... also I found that I was missing ko locale
> for make due to localepurge... I've removed it and reinstalled make. I've ran
> dpkg-reconfigure locales and included ko_* locales... the same luck since it
> works for you, I guess it most probably has to do with some configuration, but
> I am not sure where to look (terminal I was running it in is utf8 capable,
> although it should be irrelevant probably)

  that's strange. If that can help, I use locales-all where all locales
are compiled by default. It's not _that_ big (20Mo) and spares the time
of generation of the locales. Maybe there is a bug in how locales (the
package) deals with them ?

  Thouth since it's on your system, I don't really understand the
problem. Could you please run:
  $ LC_MESSAGE=ko_KR.utf8 locale

  The problem could be that you have set your LC_ALL, that overrides any
of the LC_* variables. e.g.:

  $ locale|grep LC_MESS
  LC_MESSAGES=C

  $ LC_ALL=fr_FR.utf8 LC_MESSAGES=ko_KR.utf8 locale|grep LC_MESS
  LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.utf8"

  $ LC_MESSAGES=ko_KR.utf8 locale|grep LC_MESS
  LC_MESSAGES=ko_KR.utf8

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit