Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 03:07:20PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Pierre Habouzit said:
> >   I was previously beeing ironic, now I'm not anymore.
>
> No, previously you were being sarcastic.  There is a difference between
> the two.
>
> I find it quite amusing that you are arguing here that you should not
> have to respond to people reporting bugs to you, when you simultaneously
> argue elsewhere that the uncommunicative nature of some teams in Debian
> is a major problem.

  There is a major difference: I do not refuse help, nor make it almost
impossible for newcomers to contribute. The KDE team is a perfect
example of how new contributors can be integrated smoothly and promptly,
and how easy transition to new maintainers goes when a team is open by
design, and not driven by control freaks.

> Now that is an example of irony.  Or did I mean hypocrisy?

  You decide, I honestly don't care.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit