Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 11:26:45PM +0300, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > What do people look on the following idea: not allow packages to
> > migrate from sid to testing if they have unanswered bug reports
> > with severity >= normal?
>
> Bad idea.  This penalizes inremental work.  I.e., package foo gets
> seven important bugs filed against it.  The maintainer fixes three
> and uploads.  That is certainly an improvement.  Your proposal
> penalizes that maintainer for not fixing all of them at one go.

Nikita wrote "unanswered", you seem to have misread that as "unfixed".

I believe Nikita is proposing a way to focus on the lack of *any
response* by the package maintainer to particular bug reports, not the
lack of fixes.

--
 \        "Intellectual property is to the 21st century what the slave |
  `\                           trade was to the 16th."  -- David Mertz |