Re: GNOME and trolls

Le lundi 19 février 2007 à 11:05 -0500, Greg Folkert a écrit :
> I guess, even when someone really does try to be level headed and cool
> about the whole thing, they get shutdown exactly the same way I do...
> just a bit more gentle.

You mean, like Christian Schaller who actually chose to submit Torvalds'
patches to Bugzilla, and saw 2 of them committed the same day?

> And what caused me to switch? No not this little spat 'tween Linus and
> GNOME's dev team, but one of those "Never seen by Joss" happenings.

I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind this sentence (except for
the sole purpose of being deliberately provocative).

> I don't have it handy, but gconf was terminated as it was segfaulting
> and restarting 5+ (maybe more) times a second and then gnome-panel and
> nautilus and most other things needing a settings daemon choked. And no,
> this wasn't on a login, it just happened when I was watching a DVD using
> totem. I tried to logout and back in... but it continued to happen. Even
> a reboot (I though maybe some libraries may have been corrupted in
> memory) might fix it. Nope.

I have already explained more than once that bugs won't be fixed if you
don't report them.

> So, I guess I am that black-sheep of the GNOME userbase that has magical
> "never before known or seen" problems.
>
> Adios to GNOME. At least the parts I can leave behind, which is most of
> it.

If you could also shut the fuck up, that would be even better.

--
 .''`.