Re: fluxbox

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 10:15 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> writes:
> [...]
> > I am sure yoush hasn't done a thing with it, as Experimental packages
> > don't need to be maintained, period.
>
> Bullshit. Experimental is a playground, not a graveyard for development
> releases. It's supposed to be used as a testing ground for unstable, so
> you better try to maintain the package in experimental before moving it
> to unstable at some point.

True that. BUT show me where the requirement for maintaining a package
in Experimental is *REQUIRED*. You yourself just said it is a
playground. Experimental packages fall out of experimental upon "NVIU",
whether or not the experimental package was actually used to make the
newer version in unstable.

Yes, it is a shame, but experimental is kind of like sourceforge.
Sourceforge has a "Ba-Million" projects, 8 of which have activity.(1)

(1) Yes, I was know I was exaggerating. Its more like 20... ;-P
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup