fluxbox

I perfectly understand what experimental is.

I mean rather another problem: the new package version has been
realised, and this version maintains different charsets in locales. This
option is very important for not-Englishspeaking users. But maintainer
is lazy to commit this version to Debian.

The version in experimental hasn't any extravagant dependences or
problems with building/upgrade/compatibility with previous versions.

As far as I understand maintainer placed it into experimental only
because the new version (0.9.15) in original is also called RC2:1.0.
Probably he supposed that RC would soon be replaced with Release, but it
may take a few years more.

In the context of Etch release I think it is very important to work on
maintaining of UTF-8 and internationalization on the whole. Especially
as the upstream version gives such possibility. The question is: what
can be done if maintainer doesn't busy himself with the package and
doesn't answer the messages and bug-reports? It is impossible to make a
commit while maintainer hasn't denied his responsibility, but it would
be very desirable to solve the problem.