Re: recent etch upgrade... sashroot (uid=0) started to impersonate uid=0 (root)

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 10:00:50AM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Steve> Sure, there may have been a behavior change in libc6.

> I would like to see some sort of evidence that there *has* been a
> behaviour change in libc6, We might all be assuming so, when the
> problem lies elsewhere.

I haven't assumed anything of the sort.  I was just allowing that it might
be a possibility (but an irrelevant one).

> e.g. maybe pam_access has changed.

Huh?  That would have no bearing whatsoever on the results of uid lookups.

> ....could this problem be nscd related?

That would certainly explain the behavior, yes.