Re: how to get dpkg-deb to ignore hidden/backup files + why extra control file?

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 04:20:10PM -0800, Alan Ezust wrote:
> Question #2: I did a dpkg-deb --build and checked what was
> put into the .deb file. Since my files were in a .svn
> working directory, It picked up a bunch of hidden files in
> the .svn directory

You might want to look at svn-buildpackage. It's a suite of
tools for managing debian packages in SVN. It mimicks
dpkg-buildpackage (which you might also want to look at,
come to think of it) but ignores .svn directories.

--
Jon Dowland