Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 12:19:34PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I totally agree. If I were forced to reduce my involvement in Debian, I
> would probably start by losing interest in "politics", since I could
> easily trust other, better-informed DD, to make better choices than I
> would do. That wouldn't hurt the Debian project, or at least much less
> than poorly maintaining my packages.

I agree on the low-risk for the project, but a DD not interested in
Debian "politics" has no need to be a DD. If it's just a matter of
technical work then sponsorship would be enough.  I consider Debian
"politics" as a relevant part of my being a DD and I personally feel it
as a duty to be informed on it, nothing different that being a citizen
of my country after all (no, you're right, Italian politics has been
much worst than Debian's in the past years :-)

Note that with being informed of course I don't mean following
thoroughly a significant amount of mailing list, but the bare minimum of
-vote archives just before voting is not requiring that much.

Cheers.