Re: nsswitch.conf

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> However, a default of enabled for something that is going to be pulled
> in in most systems

If mDNS is going to be pulled in on most systems, that is itself a
potential problem.  What's pulling it in?  If it's a desktop task or the
like, that doesn't worry me too much, but I don't want mDNS on my servers.
Its only function there would be a potential security vulnerability.

avahi-daemon got pulled into a few of my systems a while back in the etch
development cycle, but it looks like that bug has since been fixed.
Currently I don't see anything that would cause this package to be
installed unless people are seeking it out, but I haven't done an
exhaustive analysis.