Re: nsswitch.conf

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  Yes, but it would need to be of low priority and the default would need
>  to be to add the entries in nsswitch.conf.  I think it would be more

I think I'd rather have it medium or high, with a default to *disabled*.
Yes, the normal would be "Low", but I do understand the idea behind avahi.

However, a default of enabled for something that is going to be pulled in in
most systems AND that adds itself to nsswitch.conf is NOT ok IMO.  You see,
every crap that gets into nsswitch.conf ends up dynamically linked to
potentially every frigging glibc-using app, and we don't have many apps (if
any) that *don't* link to glibc.  Not all of them will try to use the
resolver, but a damn big ammount of them will.

  Henrique Holschuh