Re: /foo has been mounted xx times... check forced

On 02/03/07 03:39, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Hello,
> the feature as in the subject is nice and makes me feel safe, but
> sometimes it hits on the laptop, when booting on batteries, with people
> watching.
> Ideally, if I'm in a hurry I would like to be able to do ^C on it, and I
> would expect that the same check is run at next boot; however, I never
> dare doing it.
> Assuming it's safe to ^C fsck, would it make sense to change the message
> to document it, like:
>   /foo has been mounted xx times [...] check forced
>   If you need to boot quickly, you can safely interrupt with ^C and
>   postpone the check to the next startup.
> Or are there better fsck strategies?

The file /etc/init.d/checkfs.sh (in package initscripts) is supposed
to check whether you are on battery power or not.  Maybe a bug needs
to be filed against it?

Also according to /etc/init.d/checkfs.sh, the existence of the file
/fastboot should prevent fsck.
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)