/foo has been mounted xx times... check forced

Hello,

the feature as in the subject is nice and makes me feel safe, but
sometimes it hits on the laptop, when booting on batteries, with people
watching.

Ideally, if I'm in a hurry I would like to be able to do ^C on it, and I
would expect that the same check is run at next boot; however, I never
dare doing it.

Assuming it's safe to ^C fsck, would it make sense to change the message
to document it, like:

  /foo has been mounted xx times [...] check forced
  If you need to boot quickly, you can safely interrupt with ^C and
  postpone the check to the next startup.

Or are there better fsck strategies?

Ciao,

Enrico