Re: How to maintain packaging files for multiple distributions in the same tree?

Hi Øystein,

Øystein Gisnås wrote:
> Is there a good way to let Maemo-specific packaging files coexist with
> Debian unstable files in the upstream tree? Currently there is a
> debian/ upstream, but it is Debian unstable specific. Btw tinymail is
> not part of the official Debian Archive.
I think the best way is to have a special debian/rules target to
manipulate the control files, i.e.

  cp debian/control.$(what-to-build-for) debian/control

(and similar)

and prepending a dummy paragraph to the changelog.

At least this seems what I've done when wanting to maintain in parallel
for stable and unstable.

> The problem is that of maintaining packages files for several
> distributions in the same tree, preferably by using diff techniques
> between them.
The cleanest solution (to me) seems generating the control files upon
checkout from svn or somesuch.

Kind regards

T.

P.S.: Let me know if you need help with any packaging, I'd really like
to see Debian packages of tinymail (he, and looking through my spam
folder, maemo packages as well).
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/