Re: How to change the severity of a bug to serious???

severity 383889 important
thanks

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 07:44:35PM -0600, Jacques Normand wrote:
> I am trying to change the bug #383889 to serious and make it release
> critical. I have explained in it why I want it RC and the document at
> http://release.debian.org/etch_rc_policy.txt lists that

> * makes unrelated software on the system (or the whole system)
>   break

> is a reason for rc-bug. In this case, the whole desktop locks and there
> is no easy way to unlock it. (Which is effectively breaking the system).

> So how do I do that?

You seem to have gotten your answer on the procedure, but your rationale for
upgrading this particular bug is flawed.  The package doesn't render the
system unusable, it's your misconfiguration of PAM that does so.

I've tested gnome-screensaver here and it work fine with this config.

/etc/pam.d/common-auth:
auth    sufficient                      pam_krb5.so ignore_root
auth    required                        pam_unix.so try_first_pass nullok_secure

/etc/pam.d/common-account:
account sufficient      pam_krb5.so
account required        pam_unix.so

Note that the default /etc/pam.d/gnome-screensaver shipped is misleading; it
doesn't mention that this service will query the authorization functions
("acct") in addition to the authorization functions.  You may need to check
there for the source of your authentication problem.