Re: Icons and instructions for the FreeDesktop menu.

Le Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 08:02:32AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :

>         Menu files have had translations since before there were any
>  .desktop files.

Hi Manoj,

For sure, the folders of the Debian menu system are translated. But I
checked in my fr_FR environment, the entries are not. For the packages I
maintain, I have gathered translations in french and brazilian, and put
them in the .desktop menu file. I do not know how to do this for the
.menu file, and will ask on -mentors where this question is more
appropriate. Sorry for participating in a discussion without knowing
what I was talking about.

I also apologise for sending emails while not proposing to code an
implementation.  If this thread interested somebody who can do it, I
would like to remind that I did volunteer to work on the transition if
there would be a new version of the Debian menu system using .deskop
format for its files.

Have a nice day all,

--
Charles Plessy