Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

Hi!

On 1/20/07, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
There is still work to do, e.g. by
looking at the insane list of capplets.

If you are referring to the gnome-panel applets.  May I remind you
that this list used to be organized in menues, with lines of the same
size of items in the Applications menu.  At those good-old-times, you
could add an applet within two mouse movements.  Now, adding an applet
usually take about half a minute of scrolling through a list that is
uselessly big and finding the stupid applet.

So, please, do not remove the applets.  Fix the list. i.e. make it
like it was before.  it was MUCH better before.  I acknowledge that
the first time you wanted to add something, you might perhaps choose
the wrong menu, so you'd have to go back and select the correct menu.
So, this was "fixed" by eliminating the menus.  How this could ever be
considered a fix, I could never understand.

--
Besos,
Marga