Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

Le samedi 20 janvier 2007 à 15:21 +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) a
écrit :
> So Gnome has obviously not 'removed tons of features' (your words), they've
> instead consolidated features, replacing multiple features with single
> better features all over the place?
> And I suppose the mountains of rants and complaints on the subject are all
> from (power) users that failed to find the new consolidated features,
> right?
>
> Off course:
> - if so you have a usability problem (as clearly indicated by lots of power
>   users not finding the consolidated features)

The most important drawback of this process is indeed that power users
can get lost across upgrades, because the immediate effect they notice
is "this action doesn't work anymore".

This is a general problem in Debian, as a constantly evolving system.
Many user and developer habits can become quickly obsolete, and it's not
an easy task to push the information.
--
 .''`.