Re: localisation in system wide daemons

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:38:29 +0100
Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> At the very least, if we're going to translate log messages, then there
> should be an easy switch to disable such translation for log messages
> alone (while not for the rest of the system).

If we want to provide our non-English-speaking users with localized log
messages, wouldn't it be possible to create a program which translates the
logs on the fly, based on the message catalog we should write anyway?

Doing so, we won't break any existing log analyzer.

--
KiyuKo <eof AT kiyuko DOT org>