Re: Using Makefile for copy files into a package

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Rodrigo Tavares wrote:

> In the first line in my preinst i put this line:
> install -m 755 debian/scripts-bd/script.sh /opt

Either this is a joke, or you still have to learn the difference between
a source package and a binary package.

If it's not a joke, please read the manuals first. The debian-policy package
would be a good start.

Hint: Neither the source package or the files in the binary package
are available when the preinst is executed by dpkg.

BTW: Please don't top post.

Thanks.