Bug: funny network problem.

After update today, I've had a funny network problem:
The network works for kde apps (konqueror, kopete, etc) but fails when
using apps like iceweasel, aptitude, apt-get, synaptic (gtk apps?).
I am completely at loss regarding which package could have caused this
problem, and hence am not filing a bug rrport. Any help in howto
isolate the cause of this problem will be appreciated.

some report from /var/log/messages/ which seems connected (?)
Jan  9 20:41:28 wam dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found
under /com/redhat/
dhcp/ath0 for sub-path ath0.dbus.get.host_name
Jan  9 20:41:28 wam dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found
under /com/redhat/
dhcp/ath0 for sub-path ath0.dbus.get.domain_name
Jan  9 20:41:28 wam dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found
under /com/redhat/
dhcp/ath0 for sub-path ath0.dbus.get.nis_domain
Jan  9 20:41:28 wam dhcdbd: message_handler: message handler not found
under /com/redhat/
dhcp/ath0 for sub-path ath0.dbus.get.nis_servers

--
Waqar A. Malik