Re: RFC: Proposal for official screenshot repo

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 09:56:38AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> I think it would be best to follow backports.org here (read its
> 'contribution' page) and have users upload just like developers, using FTP
> since that makes it fully automated. Maybe provide a mechanism for DDs to be
> notified when a screenshot for their package has been uploaded (just like
> with binary packages) so they can veto it (with a new upload).
>
> Going through the BTS route means both clogging the BTS and also needing
> somebody to manually review the submissions.

OK.  That sounds like a good idea.  But we would likely need to build a
GUI tool help with that as it might encourage more participation from a
wider number of users wanting to help.

> PS: And after screenshots.debian.org we could go with video-demos.debian.org
> which provided small animations or videos of the programs *being*used* which
> is cooler (and could be easy to implement provided there is an
> infraestructrure for static images) :)

OK.  Once we get this up and running, you are more than welcome to take
it from there and extend it to video clips. :-)

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez