Re: etch's upgrades during life cycle

Qua, 2007-01-03 às 22:13 +0100, Daniel Baumann escreveu:
> Luis Matos wrote:
> > What i am saying is: is it possible to in a lenny or lenny++ change the
> > way debian upgrades it's stable, just for the kernel?
>
> both things are already solved unofficially. there are kernel backports
> [0], and kenshi makes stable-with-new-kernel installer-images[1].
>
> so, basically, you are asking to make them (more) official now?

basically yes.
When a user approaches debian, goes to www.debian.org then follows the
link to the distribution, grabs the iso, burns it and install it.

when it does not fit ... he will say that debian does not support
hardware foo (this can be truth) and goes for another distribution.

Even, i don't know if the d-i images posted there have security updates.
People know that a kernel that is debian supported is secure and bug
free (or more bug free than others). So, if we loose security and
stability ... why use debian?

--
Best Regards,