Re: Is bug #399214 release critical? (Upgrade from version not in debian currently)

Daniel J. Priem wrote:

> I think such bugs can be easily closed.

The bug is closed with the last upload to sid, the question is whether
it should be considered as RC and if the release team will approve the
fix for Etch.

When upgrading from Sarge to Etch there is no issue, but for users
like me (that particular machine is running testing) it is a real
PITA.  I intend to upgrade and remain on Etch (stable) when it is
released, so I'll have a broken package.  There's no way to
remove/purge or upgrade it (well, there is, but it would be difficult
for the average user).