Re: Is bug #399214 release critical? (Upgrade from version not in debian currently)

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 12:55:47PM +0100, Daniel J. Priem wrote:
> I think such bugs can be easily closed.

I disagree.  If it was previously in testing, it could conceivably have
been removed without the user noticing.  In which case, it would be
acceptable for the user to expect that the upgrade would be handled.
Now, if there were a way to notify users of packages removed for
buginess or whatever and advising them to remove the packages, you might
have a point.  However, the user at no time, AFAICT, was notified that
removal of the package would be a good idea.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez