Two questions on package quality

Hello people.

I was asked to sponsor a package upload.
I am in doubt on tho following issues, so I/m asking debian-devel for
comments.

1. Upstream does not provide a manual page for the binary. Packager decided
to add binary-without-manpage to lintian override file, and Tag:
no-manual-for-binary to linda override file.

My questions are:

- Is having a manual page for each binary inside package a mandatory
requirement these days?

- If binary without manpage is allowed, then what of following 3 statements
is true:
  (1) binary-without-manpage/no-manual-for-binary should be added, to stop
complains from lintian/linda,
  (2) binary-without-manpage/no-manual-for-binary should not be added, so
linda/lintian complains remind that manual page should be written one day,
  (3) or it really does not matter, and I should sign the upload regardless
of this issue?

2. Upstream tarball contains ttf-dejavu font. Linda found that and
complained. I've asked packager to remove font both from binary package
and upstream tarball, and to make binary package to depend on ttf-dejavu
instead.

So .orig.tar.gz got repackaged, and now it differs from upstream.

Should then 'upstream' version string be changed from x.y.z to
x.y.z.debian? Or not? Or it does not matter?

Nikita