Re: Do not use control@b.d.o for bug ping-pong

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Marc Haber wrote:
> But I feel that it is _wrong_ to close wishlist bugs like that. It
> is ok to tag them wontfix or help, or even usertag them send-patch,
> but closing them immediately doesn't help anybody but statistics.

I personally don't close bugs capriciously either,[1] but it is the
maintainer's right to do so. [I don't think there's much that can be
done if a maintainer wants to be an ass short of hijacking their
packages... thankfully, that's a course of action which I don't have
to contemplate.]

Don Armstrong

1: At least, I try not to.
--
Fate and Temperament are two words for one and the same concept.
 -- Novalis [Hermann Hesse _Demian_]