Re: exim configuration in master, and per-user DNSBLs

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > While we are at it, allowing each user to choose among several popular
> > DNSBLs would be great too. In fact, there is a dnslists file in /etc/exim4
> > which already contains several role accounts (and at least one which is not).
> > We would just need to modify db.debian.org slightly so that such file
> > is generated automatically from email preferences in our LDAP database.
> >
> > Would debian-admin be willing to do this sort of thing, please?
>
> Ryan Murray (neuro) already told that they would be accepting patches
> implementing that. But nobody wrote them yet. I started documenting myself
> concerning LDAP to add this information in our schema but I haven't had
> enough time yet and I don't know when I'll have enough.

Thanks for replying.

What about elementary HELO checking? Do they need "patches" as well?
[ I would gladly explain how to do it with postfix, but we are using exim ].

Back to DNSBLs: We could even store the preferences in our /home in master
in the meantime (until the LDAP schema is modified). For example:

/home/foo/.dnsbl-preferences/zen.spamhaus.org

A script to collect those items and write the dnslists file from them
would be almost trivial to write.