Re: Iceweasel extensions lacking links migrating from firefox. Mass bug?

Dear All,

It seems that I raised the wave without need.

now that I removed starting / from the search expression,
updated lists to up to date sid (before it was etch... khe khe),
and apt-file update, I get different list  (after removing the ones
you've mentioned)

> apt-file search usr/lib/firefox/extensions/ | cut -d: -f1 | grep -v firefox-locale- | sort | uniq | while read package; do apt-file list $package | grep -q 'usr/lib/iceweasel/extensions/' || echo $package; done
firefox-greasemonkey
mozilla-bookmarksftp
mozilla-imagezoom

So it seems to be just my packages and firefox-greasemonkey ;-)
and no mass bug reports ;-) just 1.

Within 10 days it might be necessary to check if those reported before
were unblocked and penetrated into etch as they should...

Also the question is: should both links (under firefox and iceweasel)
provided or just under iceweasel???

most of the packages seems to don't provide both (ie they provide only
iceweasel link)

$>  apt-file search usr/lib/iceweasel/extensions/ | cut -d: -f1 | grep -v iceweasel-l10n | sort | uniq | while read package; do apt-file list $package | grep -q 'usr/lib/firefox/extensions/' || echo $package; done
iceweasel-locale-uk
iceweasel-webdeveloper
mozilla-ctxextensions
mozilla-diggler
mozilla-livehttpheaders
mozilla-mozgest
mozilla-stumbleupon
mozilla-tabextensions
mozilla-venkman

and here are the ones which provide both:
> apt-file search usr/lib/firefox/extensions/ | cut -d: -f1 | grep -v
> firefox-locale- | sort | uniq | while read package; do apt-file list
> $package | grep -q 'usr/lib/iceweasel/extensions/' && echo $package;
> done
firefox-sage
mozilla-biofox
mozilla-nukeimage

would that be a wishlist bug for the sake of uniform distribution to
remove that link?

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]