Re: Descriptions of mono packages

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 23:08 +0000, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Dear Mono developers,
>
> Please write useful long descriptions for your packages.

I know, it's on my TODO list.

As you stated currently most descriptions just mention the library name
and version, which is not very useful.
Honestly most libraries I don't know either to give some useful
description. I could check if monodoc contains some description I can
use for the packages.
Most libs are part of the BCL (Base Class Library) which is also part of
the MS .NET Framework, while there are also some 3rd party libs like
SharpZipLib. It's not that easiy to descripe all libraries of a runtime.
(pnet and java packagers just skipped all this by a monolithic package)

The reason to split was not for description but for dependency and CLI
vs Mono vs MS stack.

> Enrico who got frustrated when trying to categorise it.

sorry, as soon as I know what the libs do I will add it to the packages.

--
Regards,

Mirco 'meebey' Bauer

PGP-Key: