Re: Accepted lynx 2.8.5-2sarge2.2 (source i386)

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 04:51:45PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Thomas Dickey:
>
> > It's a #define.  But the change to use the home directory is in the
> > wrong place.  I'd point out that it doesn't solve the problem, and
> > that the program is still subject to the same issue as reported, [...]
>
> This is not correct.  Gracious write operations to the home directory

Then address my comment in the context of the original report.
OP claimed among other things that this is a problem with files
downloaded by lynx.

(this thread is dead as far as I'm concerned, since it's presenting
no new information, just harrassment).

> are considered a security problem, but file creation in other
> directories does not share this problem.  Unless software
> automatically interprets certain files in the current directory, which
> is a very bad thing to do for that reason.
>
> It seems to me that the patch should be changed to prepend the home
> directory if the configured path is not absolute (that is, does not
> start with a slash).

Did you read the patch which I made _before_ this all started, or are
you simply replying to the general discussion?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net