Re: Proposed new POSIX sh policy, version two

Bruce Sass <bmsass@shaw.ca> writes:

> The 009695399 in the www.opengroup.org URI looks to be a publication
> number of some sort (one digit shy of an ISBN though); it is used by the
> wikipedia entry (where I first found it), and the similar 9-digit bit of
> the URL in the Debian susv3 installer gets rewritten to it.

If you register, all you get is a link with one of those numbers in it.  I
registered a while back and I have a bookmark with a similar number in it.
I presumed it was just a registration number generated by their code.

The registration system is not particularly aggressive about
authenticating you.