Re: Proposed new POSIX sh policy, version two

Bruce Sass <bmsass@shaw.ca> writes:
> On Mon November 20 2006 23:52, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> +	    from <url id="http://www.unix.org/version3/online.html";
>> +		      name="The Open Group"> after free
>> +	    registration.</footnote>

> Any reason for not using:
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/

Presumably that's a URL generated by someone else who registered, yes?  I
don't like the registration business, but if that's what they want to do,
I don't really feel right about bypassing it.

> (no registration required) or mentioning "apt-get install susv3" (which
> fetches from the opengroup.org URI)?

I thought about mentioning the latter, but I'm a little leery of
mentioning a contrib installer package in Policy.  Plus, basically it just
does what you can do yourself with a web browser, I thought... yeah, it's
a pretty simple package.