Re: Downgrading the priority of nfs-utils

"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> writes:
> The university here is opening up for Kerberos-enabled NFSv4 from the entire
> campus network RSN. Now you know one :-)

[Isn't nfs4 rather different than previous versions, in that it's
fixed some of the most egregious "nfs bogosities"?]

I use nfs everyday, and in its default form it's insanely slow,
completely insecure, and annoyingly clunky to administer -- but it's
what people use... and there really isn't much in the way of widely
available, easily deployable/maintainable, legacy-compatible
alternatives.  All things considered I'd rather have nfs, even in it's
horrid traditional form, than nothing.

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that