Re: ITP: libauthen-simple-perl -- Simple and consistent framework for authentication

On 10:34 Sat 04 Nov     , Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 11:12, Xavier Oswald wrote:
> >   Description     : Simple and consistent framework for authentication
> >
> >  This is the basis package for various authentication methods.
>
> This description should be a bit extended.
>
> Authentication in what context?  Do I need this when I want to build a web
> application, or when I want to build (backend) code hooking into PAM, or
> into what?

Better I think:

 It includes the authentication method via kerberos and smb.
 .
 This is the basis package for various other authentication
 methods available from the same author at:
 http://search.cpan.org/~chansen/

And I will open an ITP for libauthen-simple-pam-perl which will depend on
libauthen-simple-perl.
http://cpan.enstimac.fr/authors/id/C/CH/CHANSEN/Authen-Simple-PAM-0.2.readme

Hope this can help you.

friendly,