Re: "Arch: all" package FTBFS due to test needing network access - RC?

[Goswin von Brederlow]
> > Your unspoken premise is that there is a _reason_ to support
> > building packages as root.  Why?  I think it is better just to tell
> > people not to do that.
>
> My premise is that there is no reason to sabotage building as
> root. Nearly all sources do build as root and many test suites skip
> tests that fail as root. I see no reason to stop that now.

We're not talking about sabotage, we're talking about extra effort.

I have a reason not to support building packages as root: it is more
work for me, it takes time which I could be using to fix bugs or write
manpages.  Now it is your turn to give me a reason to support building
packages as root.  What is so important about building as root that I
should spend time making it work?  Also keep in mind that my upstream
takes the same position that I do.