Re: Lots of (easily recognisible) spam sent to the BTS today

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> a) for mails to -close or to control@b.d.o to prevent a
>    spammer/malicious person from closing all the bugs or mangling
>    with the BTS in such a way that would take us some effort to
>    recover

There's no reason to restrict control; spam sent there doesn't really
do anything at all. Indeed, to this point, we have only occasionally
had problems with control, generally of the BTS ping-pong variety
which tends to be best dealt with with a bit of social engineering.

Messages to -close are slightly more annoying; we could increase the
default score of messages to control, and rely on the negative scoring
rules to keep legitimate messages.... but that would, again, result in
more false positives. I (and AFAIK, the rest of the BTS admins) are
rather wary of gratitously increasing the numbers of false positives.
[And yes, messages sent by scripts or people who haven't learned to
jump through the right hoops are clearly false positives.]

Don Armstrong

--
A people living under the perpetual menace of war and invasion is very
easy to govern. It demands no social reforms. It does not haggle over