Re: Lots of (easily recognisible) spam sent to the BTS today

On Tue October 31 2006 21:15, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> Bruce Sass wrote:
> > I have yet to see a spam message sent to the BTS which used a
> > "Package:" pseudoheader, so that should work to eliminate BTS spam
> > without preventing non-DD's helping out.
>
> OTOH, a /lot/ of legitimate mail is sent to the BTS w/o a Package:
> pseudo-header (think: pretty much anything to
> nnnnnn@bugs.debian.org). So this isn't really a solution.

I don't think that disqualifies it as a solution, it just means there
would be a transition period while users learn that it is a required
part of messages sent to the BTS.

But let's see how the new SA rules work before imposing any specific
requirements on BTS messages, or (especially) requiring a particular
browser based UI or program be used to interact with the BTS.

- Bruce