Re: multiarch status update

On 5/10/06, Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org> wrote:
> Does it also allow multiple versions of the same package to be
> installed at the same time?
> For example, multiple minor versions or multiple major versions?

Read the papers listed in the wiki. The short answer is no, same as it is
today with single-arch. As explained in the papers, trying to do anything else
results in a complex dependency nightmare.

That's a shame, as I think a lot of the infrastructure required for
multiple architectures overlaps with that required for multiple
versions.