Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 4

On Wed, 10 May 2006 14:24:58 -0400, James Vega <jamessan@jamessan.com> said:

> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:41:56PM -0400, Hubert Chan wrote:
>> alsaplayer-common contains the main alsaplayer binary
>> (/usr/bin/alsaplayer), which does not function without an
>> alsaplayer-output and alsaplayer-input plugin.  So yes, it really
>> does depend on these.  (I would have named alsaplayer-common
>> something different -- maybe alsaplayer-bin, or just alsaplayer, but
>> that was what it was called when I inherited it.)

> Ah, yes, I didn't take a look at the packages as well as I should
> have.  Taking a look at the package contents, it seems like changing
> the alsaplayer-(output|input) variants to Recommending
> alsaplayer-common would work fine.

Ah, looking at the changlogs, those dependencies were added because of
Bug #185814 -- alsaplayer-common only works with alsaplayer plugins from
the same version.  Ugh.  Yeah, I'll try to figure out how to fix this
properly.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)