Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 4

Le Mer 10 Mai 2006 14:40, Brendan O'Dea a écrit :
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 10:49:36PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> >Here the lists of packages involved in circular dependencies listed
> > by maintainers.
> >
> >	perl
> >	perl-modules
>
> These two packages are meant to be installed together, split only for
> arch any/all.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled as to why this is a problem, since this particular
> dependency exists in sarge and as far as I no caused no upgrade
> issues.

cycles are evil, so when you can avoid them, it's better, and here ...

> Note that the dependency expressed is not exactly circular, since the
> perl-modules dependency on perl is "looser" than the inverse.  Don't
> know if this matters for the problem you're trying to fix.

perl-modules should not depends on perl. It's useless to have only
perl-modules installed, but this create no harm.

moreover people just apt-get install perl, so that won't break anything.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit