Re: Compiling packages for the standard distribution with -Os instead of -O2

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 04:44:23PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Initialiy this was for people with older computers, not a 2 GHz amd64
> with 2GB ram. Think P90 with 64Mb or slightly better.
>
> We are not talking "generally" here but "specific". Specific to
> certain hardware.

OP mentioned:
	"For Etch and Sid, it is probably a good idea to use -Os instead of
	-O2 at least on the bigger arches (ia32, ia64, amd64, etc), [...]"

Notice he suggested doing it in general on ia32 (which definitely has
older machines) but also with amd64 (which I doubt there are any 64mb
AMD64 systems) and ia64 (which I very much doubt there are any 64mb
systems).