Re: screenshot with package description

Gonéri,

> I think that tools like synaptic or Debian Installer should have
> an option to provided a screenshot or/and the project logo with
> the text description.

That's a good idea and I've got a few questions about it.

First, do you plan to make some rules for the screenshots ? Like for X11 apps... "screenshots should be took under WM 'x', version 'y', and theme 'z'" ?

Who would create, upload and validate the screenshots ? Someone of your team, or you would let contributors upload screenshots for their packages themselves ?

The second solution sounds fair enough: requests from the developpers could be submitted to the packager maintainer who would, then, update - or validate the update - the picture(s).

Thanks for your time,

--
Florian Le Goff
"We have the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch"